EVENT DATE: Sunday June 3 (to be confirmed)
DISTANCES: 4km Run / 18km Mountain Bike Ride / 4km Run
START TIME: 9:00am
VENUE: You Yangs Regional Park. (Event site is just inside the main entrance gate)
The You Yangs Dirty Duathlon brings off road fun and fitness to the You Yangs Regional Park. This event (in its 3rd year) is perfect for all levels of mutlisport athlete from the beginner to those wanting to test their skills and speed over a great course.
The field for all three Dirty Duathlon will be limited to 150 participants. This is due to limited transition space. Register early to aviod dissapointment. In some years the feild limit has been reached.
SELL OUT WAITING LIST
In the highly likely event that this event reaches its filed limit, as in previous years we will set up a waiting list. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to go onto this list
15 - 18 years, 19-29 years, 30-39 years, 40-49 years, 50-59 years, 60+ years
Medals will be awarded to all age group category winners and place getters (2nd and 3rd)
The objective of this event is not to weigh you down with rules and regulations, however, to ensure your safety and the safety of other participants, there are some rules that must be followed. CLICK THE EVENT RULES TAB ABOVE to view event rules and regulations.
WHERE IS THE YOU YANGS?
The You Yangs are located just 40 minutes drive from the Westegate Bridge and 25 minutes from Central Geelong
All events will take place at the same event site that is located just inside the main entrance gate on Branches Road.
ON COURSE SUPPORT
There will be course marshals out on course at all major intersections and many course directional arrows and signs to ensure that you remain on the correct course. Although you may feel in the middle of the bush, you are rarely more than 50m from vehicle access. There will also be mobile first aid units on course and at the finish line.
We hope that this service is not required, however we will have St Johns First Aid staff both at the finish line and a mobile unit out on course to ensure participant safety.
Secure off road parking is available on land adjacent to the event site. Less than 100m walk from the car park gate to the Start / Finish line.
Bag storage facilities will be available between 8:00am and 11:00am. This bag storage area will be staffed at all times (with PB events staff only within the fenced area), however, please do not leave any valuable in your bags.
There will be one drink station on each of the two run courses. Both drink stations will be at approximately half way through the run leg.
No refunds will be issued for Race entries. In the event that you cannot participate, your entry may be transferred to a friend if you email email@example.com at least 3 weeks prior to the event. It is vital that transfers are communicated to PB Events. We must know who is participating.
Triathlon Victoria Members (To be confirmed)
Non Triathlon Victoria Members (To be confirmed)
RACE DAY ENTRIES
An additional administration fee of (to be confirmed) will be charged for on the day entries. RACE DAY ENTRIES ARE CASH ONLY.
- Online Entries will close at 8pm on Friday June 1. (Unless field limit is reached)
- Race day entries will be accepted on race day between 8:00am and 8:50am.
- Race day entries are CASH ONLY.
Junior (8-17yrs), 18-29 yrs, 30-39 yrs, 40-49 yrs, 50+ yrs
Medals will be awarded to winners and place getters in each category in both the 10km and 7km events. Medals will be awarded to winners only in the 4.5km event.
Presentation ceremony will take place at approimately 10:30am at each event.
REFUNDS & ENTRY TRANSFERS
No refunds will be issued for Race entries. In the event that you cannot participate, your entry may be transferred to a friend if you email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 weeks prior to the event. It is vital that transfers are communicated to PB Events. We must know who is participating
Run 1 - Takes participants on open trails through a triangular course. The Run course is quite flat, with a drink station at the 2.5km mark.
Ride - The bike course takes place on the Kurrajong Mountain bike course. The first 2.5km of the course takes participants on open trail, then turns into track 18, then moves onto track 17, 16, 15, 16, 17, all of which are single mountain bike tracks.
Run 2 - takes participants along the open track along the southern boundary of the Park. It is an out and back course with a drink station at the beginning of the run and turn around point.
Our aim is not to weigh you down with countless rules and regulations, however there are a few that we need to highlight to ensure both your safety and the safety of other participants. Breaching any of these rules could result in disqualification.
The event will be following Triathlon Australia Rules. Please familiarize yourself with these rules by visiting the following site http://www.triathlon.org.au/State_Associations/VIC/Technical_and_Resources/Race_Rules.htm
Some major Guidelines and Rules are:
- Only participants in the Duathlon can enter the transition area.
- Participants must have their helmet on and strap done up on entering the transition to allow marshal to check for safety.
- Competitors are ultimately responsible for their gear. Please give unwanted gear to family or friends or store it in the allocated Bag storage area provided.
- Participants must rack their bikes and place their equipment at the allocated position in the transition.
- Participants are not allowed to tie anything to their bike rack to make it easier to find their bike.
- Participants must put on and fasten their helmets before they remove their bikes from the bike rack.
- Participants must walk/run their bike in the transition area until they cross the road and pass the mount bike sign.
- On return from the bike participants must dismount their bike at the dismount sign and walk/run their bike to their bike rack
- Runners must obey the instructions of all event staff and course marshals at all times.
- Runners must stay on the designated course (tracks) at all times, no cutting corners!
- Race numbers/bibs must be displayed at all times
- On the second run leg, runners are to keep to the left of the track at all times.
- Riders must wear an approved ANA, SNELL, ANSI or Australian Standard approved helmet
- Mountain bikes must be used in this event, no racing or triathlon bicycles.
- Riders helmet strap must be fastened at all times while on bike.
- Riders must obey the instructions of all event staff and course marshals
- The mountain bike course will be clearly marked with arrows. If needing assistance while on course quote the number at the bottom of the sign and we will be able to locate you
- PASSING: Front riders must yield to overtaking riders. Riders should voice the command ”passing on right" when overtaking another.
- It is the responsibility of the faster rider to overtake safely. Slower riders must yield to the passing rider on the first command. In the event two riders are racing for position, the leading rider does not have to yield his position to the challenging rider. However, a rider may not bodily interfere with or impede another rider's progress.